Our certificate program is designed for students who are pursuing, or wish to pursue, careers in any of the functional areas within Institutional Advancement, including fund raising and development, marketing and communications, alumni relations, and government and community affairs. You will gain a broad exposure to these areas, along with an appreciation for the historical, legal and sociological contexts in which they operate.
Credits earned in this certificate program may be applied toward Bay Path’s MS in Higher Education Administration with a concentration in Institutional Advancement.
Required Courses (12 credits):
- MHE 626 Introduction to Institutional Advancement
- MHE 645 Higher Education Marketing and Communications
- NMP 621 Introduction to Philanthropy and Fundraising Fundamentals
- NMP 622 Donor Behavior and Giving Methodologies
Electives (Choose one):
- MHE 605 Organization and Governance of Higher Education
- MHE 625 Women in Higher Education Administration
- MHE 627 Enrollment Management Principles and Practices
- NMP 623 Resource Development Management
- NMP 625 Strategic Planning for Nonprofits
- NMP 631 Grant Writing for Corporations and Foundations
- NMP 635 Board Governance and Volunteer Management
- NMP 641 Capital Campaign and Major Giving Management
- NMP 646 Healthy Solutions for Nonprofits Challenging Times
- NMP 647 Quality Principles and Practices
- NMP 651 Annual Giving and Donor Relations
- NMP 656 Relationships, Communication and Philanthropy
- NMP 661 Planned Giving Principles and Techniques
For assistance in deciding which program fits your goals, request information or speak with a graduate admissions counselor by calling 800.782.7284 ext. 1332 or e-mail email@example.com.