|Earn your MFA in Creative Nonfiction with nationally recognized faculty mentors
Our unique, no-residency MFA is designed to help you turn your personal story into publishable prose. Focus on themes of women’s stories, travel and food, the spiritual journey, or a theme of your own devising. Throughout the two-year program, you’ll learn the techniques of outstanding writing, read and discuss important works of creative nonfiction, and work toward completing your master’s thesis: a memoir, collection of personal essays, biography, or other creative nonfiction form.
Our award-winning MFA faculty are accomplished memoirists, journalists, food and travel writers, editors, and publishers with a wealth of real-world expertise. Work with a New York Times bestselling memoirist on the memoir you’ve always wanted to write. Discover your inner journalist with an international human rights reporter and author. Write about the life of the spirit with a recent winner of the Best American Spiritual Writing Award. Take a class in food writing with a popular food writer and National Public Radio personality. Explore the excitement of travel writing with a veteran lifestyle magazine editor and writer. Why this program is right for you, Click Here.
- CLASSES START: Every August, January & May start option available to part-time students
- CONVENIENT SCHEDULE: take courses full or part-time (39 credits)
- SPECIALIZED TRAINING: professional tracks in publishing and teaching
- FLEXIBLE ONLINE FORMAT: a program designed for busy women and men at all stages of their writing careers
- MENTORSHIP: three-semester seminars with award-winning faculty mentors who provide close attention and guidance to help you perfect your craft
- COMMUNITY: workshops with small peer groups for intensive writing practice, feedback, and support
- TRAVEL OPTION: summer creative writing seminar in Ireland